This position will support the accounting manager with processing new Credit Applications and Collections. In addition, this position will support the CEO and leadership team with Travel, Scheduling, Presentations, and Special projects.
This individual’s time will be focused 70% of the time working with the Accounting Manager on Accounts Receivable and 30% with the executive team.
The ideal candidate must have excellent attention to detail, time management and communication skills. You must have the ability to multitask and possess the ability to cope with pressures and respond quickly and effectively to resolve problems/issues. The ability to show exceptional initiative and be a proactive thinker is essential.
Significant growth opportunities exist for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with credit checks and credit analysis on new and existing customers to ensure credit worthiness
- Follow-up with customers for past due invoices; includes making collection calls, sending bi-monthly statements, providing invoice copies to customers. All customer contact shall be documented in the company’s accounting system (NetSuite)
- Liaison between customers and operations/sales team to resolve pending collection issues and provide information regarding customer accounts
- Update Customer accounts with collections
- Organizing credit applications, resale certificates, and updating new and existing customer records
- Organize electric accounting files in a central location.
- Book executive team travel (flights/hotels/cars/taxis/couriers, etc), process executive team expenses in timely manner
- Create presentations as needed and keep record of meeting minutes
- Schedule & order breakfast/lunch for Board Meetings, Monthly Team/Sales Meetings, & Executive Management Meetings
- Point of contact for ordering office/kitchen supplies, building management issues, updating company directory, & other administrative related tasks.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 + years equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong attention to detail, excellent follow-up skills and strong customer service skills required
- Ability to work across an organization and effectively communicate
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks