Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Education: Bachelors Degree
EcoSense Lighting is a fast growing start–up company with high-energy! We are seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources to join our dynamic and experienced global team. As the Director of Human Resources you will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services for the entire company but more importantly you will guide the tone and personality for our company culture. In this role you will help recruit a superior team of dynamic individuals that are truly motivated and driven for success. You will also help to foster an ongoing entrepreneurial environment where collaboration, good work ethic and solid values are the cornerstones.
Reports To: CEO
The Human Resources Director designs and implements organizational structure, services, policies, and programs to help shape our company’s innovative and fast paced culture and attract and retain high-potential, top performers. The major areas directed are:
- Guides the upbeat tone and high-energy personality of the company’s entrepreneurial culture
- Recruiting and staffing for global offices; Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Payroll, Compensation and benefits administration. Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Organization development; Personal ongoing development
- Employee services and counseling
- Company employee and community communication
- Organizational and space planning; Facility security and upkeep
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan. Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
- 10+ years of HR management experience
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and have ability to think independently with little supervision
- Must drive an environment that is forward-thinking, assertive and driven without compromising on a healthy, friendly and collaborative environment.
- Success in building a world-class team of driven innovators
- Creative problem solver and multi-tasker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills