Career Level: Experienced
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Education: Bachelors Degree
EcoSense Lighting is seeking a passionate and highly driven Graphic Designer to help lead the creative direction of our fast growing LED technology company (#59 of the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America 2014). EcoSense is quickly becoming recognized as a leader and driving massive transformation in the lighting industry. EcoSense designs and develops ground breaking LED technologies that are changing the way lighting is delivered to the world.
As the Graphic Designer you will work very closely with the CEO and VP of Marketing to develop our creative voice and strengthen our brand.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Meet with internal team to understand business needs and develop a creative concept to solve the problem
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data for projects such as website, product catalogs, presentations, technical documents, email campaigns, advertising campaigns, digital media, trade shows, etc.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to develop technical marketing documents including Spec Sheets, Installation guides, Product Labels and Packaging Artwork.
- Responsible for the development all graphic design work
- Lead creative sessions for project kick offs
- Contribute fresh, new ideas and design artwork to the overall project
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Proofread and review all details to deliver high quality of work
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Work with a wide range of media including photography and computer aided design (CAD)
- Develop interactive design for website
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media particularly design programs such as In Design, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Acrobat and Flash
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies
- Undergraduate Degree in Fine Arts or related field
- 3-6 years experience working on brand development projects
- Exceptional creativity and innovative thinker
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Diligent time and energy management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands the latest trends and their role within our space
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to fast-paced environment
- Fully understands that the rejection of a concept or idea is not a rejection of the person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable communicating with internal teams