The candidate will be engaged in the concept, architecture, design and development of the next generation of LED lighting products from Ecosense Lighting. The candidate will work with a small, focused cross-functional team to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals for a wide variety of architectural and specification-grade Solid State Lighting fixtures. The candidate will be responsible for
- Contribution and implementation of best practices in optical and illumination design
- Interface with or management of outside resources for design (as necessary), prototyping, and testing of new fixtures and concepts
- Hands-on cradle to grave process of designing and implementing new optical systems for EcoSense Lighting products
- Evaluation and aid in the selection of vendors for custom components
- Prototyping, experimentation and data-gathering of new optical systems
- Evaluation of tooling trials (on-site and otherwise) to determine form, fit and functionality
- Documentation of new inventions and interaction with outside counsel to protect them
- BS in Physics, Applied Optics, Optical Engineering, or Illumination Engineering. • Min. 3 years of professional experience in optical designs for general illumination. 5 years preferred.
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in optical designs for LEDs or LED systems • Background and familiarity with LED based illumination designs and hands-on photometric characterization
- Familiarity with the psychology of lighting and color • Proficiency in optical design software (ASAP, LightTools, or others)
- Basic understanding of mechanical CAD (Pro/E, Solidworks, others) • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to limited travel domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in Color Science with color modeling/predictive analysis capability preferred.
[applywithlinkedin jobtitle=”Optical Engineer” data-companyid=”462886″ companyname=”EcoSense Lighting” email=”firstname.lastname@example.org” logo=”https://media.licdn.com/media/p/2/000/05b/04e/31f1e99.png” themecolor=”#719430″ coverletter=”required” size=”large”]