In the role Test Engineer, reporting to the Director of Operations, you will utilize your electrical engineering skills to review Product Requirements Documents (PRD), propose comprehensive test plans that cover all phases of product development and mass production (EVT thru MP), and drive the development of test processes and systems that ensure all EcoSense products meet performance and quality requirements. While working closely with the design engineers and other members of the project team, you will be the Test Engineer responsible for all facets of Test in the development and introduction of all projects including: proposal preparation, design reviews, test plans, top/sub assembly test procedures, integration, qualification test procedures, environmental testing, qualification testing, failure analysis, field service support, test facilities and equipment, development of production test systems by 3rd parties and Contract Manufacturers, and leadership for all Test Engineering activities.
- Lead the Test Engineering functions in project teams to accomplish a large qualification tasks.
- Write detailed test procedures as needed to support internal and external groups in performing testing.
- Ensure Safety requirements are met.
- Ensure Quality requirements are met.
- Ensure Good Engineering Practices are followed.
- Perform estimates of labor and material required to develop test budgets.
- Develop SOWs, Systems diagrams, drawings, parts lists, Engineering Orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics, procedures, and user manuals/instructions.
- Interface with suppliers, engineering personnel, and management as necessary to be effective in establishing test standards and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSEE preferred.
- Must have four (4) to six (6) years related experience and/or training as a Test Engineer.
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience developing test plans, leading the development of test processes, and implementing production test systems utilizing Labview.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude to evaluate mechanical design and fit of modules for good engineering practices.
- Must have knowledge and good understanding of power supply/driver testing
- Must have knowledge and good understanding of digital circuits testing (microcontroller based circuits and products)
- Must have knowledge and good understanding of Firmware testing
- Must have good hands-on experience setting up test instrumentation.
- Must have knowledge of the principles involved for measuring and testing light properties, Experience in testing if lighting products highly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of testing for UL standards for power electronics and/or supply integrated systems. Highly preferred, experience and knowledge of testing requirements for UL and IEC Luminaires standards for normal and abnormal condition in IC and/or non-IC setup.
- Experience in leading testing activities in UL certified lab and developing laboratory process procedures toward ISO/IEC 17025 guidelines.
- Experience and knowledge of NEMA industry standards related to light stability and compatibility testing.
- Extensive knowledge of related test equipment used to test power, digital systems, and optics systems; i.e. AC Source, power meter/analyzer, network analyzer, logic analyzer, spectrometer, lux meter, and goniometer.
- Experience and knowledge of test fixture development including, design, component selection, parts list, and validation.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot to component level and identify Root Cause of Failure.
- Possess good problem-solving skills to address production test and engineering issues.